Arthritis is a debilitating disease that can rapidly rob us of mobility and freedom. It is generally characterized by a stiffening of the joints and muscles and can hit anyone at any age with no known or obvious cause.
what are the symptoms? what causes arthritis?
Arthritis can hit slowly or suddenly and can strike somebody at any stage of their life – often for no apparent reason. In general, arthritis starts with a warm or tender feeling in a joint which progressively gets worse. Often people witharthritis will feel stiff early in the morning and may even have a slight fever.
what are the risk factors? what increases my chance of gettingarthritis?
Arthritis is three times more common in women then it is in men. It can start at any age but tends to occur between the ages of twenty and sixty. However, your chance of getting arthritis increases if you:
- Are overweight.
- Have members of your family that have arthritis.
- Your immune system is dysfunctional.
- You have increased emotional or physical stress.
- Your joints have been damaged.
what can be done for my arthritis?
Although there is no cure for arthritis, you can reduce the severity of your symptoms. Some useful suggestions are to:
- Remain active but do have breaks. If you reduce your activity level yourarthritis may set in even more. Increasing your strength reduces stress on your joints and can lessen your symptoms – we recommend swimming as a daily activity since it promotes muscle growth yet does not burden the body’s joints.
- If you are overweight it is very important that you reduce your weight to take some of the load off your joints.
- Warmth often helps when a person’s arthritis is flaring up. Taking warm baths can help.
can any of your products help my arthritis?
Yes! We have a number of products which may help reduce the severity of yourarthritis in a natural and safe way . Our Arthritis Kit contains a number of products that we use to help our patients who have arthritis. If you would like more information about our Arthritis Kit please click here.
As with all conditions we strongly recommend you consult your health care professional before starting any health program. If you would like to make an appointment with one of our practitioners click here.
Free online health test
Take our quick and easy free online health test, the Quick Start Program. Take the test
Make an appointment
Ask us about our products or make an appointment with one of our practitioners today. Contact us